Blade Runner 2049 DVD and Blu Ray extras announced
From Academy Award-nominated director Denis Villeneuve (Best Achievement in Directing, Arrival, 2016) comes BLADE RUNNER 2049, the much-anticipated follow-up to the acclaimed film Blade Runner, available on digital download and Sky’s Buy & Keep program on January 28 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on February 5 courtesy of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
The film stars Ryan Gosling (La La Land, Drive) as K and Harrison Ford (the Star Warsfilms, Witness), reprising the role of Rick Deckard. The cast also includes Ana de Armas(War Dogs), Sylvia Hoeks (Renegades), Robin Wright (Wonder Woman), Mackenzie Davis (The Martian), Carla Juri (Brimstone), and Lennie James (TV's “The Walking Dead”), with Dave Bautista (the Guardians of the Galaxy films) and Oscar winner Jared Leto (Best Supporting Actor, Dallas Buyers Club, 2013).
BLADE RUNNER 2049 has received 8 BAFTA nominations including Best Director, Original Music, Cinematography, Editing, Production Design, Make Up & Hair, Sound and Special Visual Effects.
The DVD is loaded with more than 30 minutes of added value, including six vignettes on ‘The Rise of Wallace Corp’ and ‘The Replicant Revolution,’ and three prologues – 2022: Blackout, 2036: Nexus Dawn and 2048: Nowhere to Run. The 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray editions contain 60 minutes of bonus content, including an in-depth featurette on ‘Designing the World of Blade Runner.’
Fans can also enter further into the world of Blade Runner with a Limited Edition two-disc Blu-ray, which contains an additional 30 minutes of featurettes, including ‘Dressing the Skin: The Fashion of Blade Runner 2049’ and ‘Fights of the Future: The Action of Blade Runner 2049’, plus 5 exclusive art cards inspired by the film designed by Matt Ferguson.
DVD Special Features:
- Blade Runner 101:
- Six behind-the-scenes vignettes including The Replicant Evolution, Welcome to 2049 and the Rise of Wallace Corp
- Prologues--Bridge the gap from the first film with three original shorts from directors Shinichiro Watanabe and Luke Scott:
- 2036: Nexus Dawn - 6min short film directed by Luke Scott
- 2048: Nowhere to Run - 6min short film directed by Luke Scott
- 2022: Blackout - 15min short film directed by Shinichirô Watanabe
4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Special Features:
- All content on the DVD
- Designing the World of Blade Runner – an in-depth behind the scenes featurette with cast and crew including director Denis Villeneuve, executive producer Ridley Scott, Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling.
Two-Disc Limited Edition Blu-ray Special Features:
- All content on the DVD, Blu-ray & 4K Ultra HD
- More than 30 minutes of Exclusive Featurettes:
- To Be Human
- Fights of the Future: The Action of Blade Runner 2049
- Two Become One
- Dressing the Skin: The Fashion of Blade Runner 2049
- Five Exclusive Art Cards Designed by Matt Ferguson
BLADE RUNNER 2049 has a run time of approx.2 hours 37 minutes on DVD, 2 hours 43 minutes on all other formats and is rated 15.
Available on Digital Download and Sky’s Buy & Keep Program January 28 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray February 5