Fancy a cocktail do we? 3 great recipes you should try tonight.
You love bitter? Right. You love Rum? Right. Good, well you’ve come to the right place. Our first recipe is for the Bitter Rum Cocktail, an old fashioned but perfect iced drink. Here’s how you make it…
- 4 to 6 grams sugar (about 1 teaspoon)
- 4 to 6 grams bitter (about 1 teaspoon)
- 60 grams good rum (2 ounces)
- Place the sugar and bitter in a glass and stir to get the sugar dissolving.
- Add the rum and stir again.
- Add ice and a squeeze of lemon (or a twist or orange zest).
Our second cocktail couldn’t be more simple. You know how nice Vodka and ice cold Lemon Fanta is? Try this twist on it. You’ll need:
- 1 can of Lemon Fanta
- 1 can of coke
- 1 bottle of lager
Mix a normal glass of vodka and fanta lemon, drink down until the glass is half empty and fill up with equal parts of beer and coke. Beaut!
Lastly, try The Version’s exclusive ‘Ultimate Mojito’ recipe: Go out and buy whatever rum you want, it doesn’t even have to be white rum, and follow the super easy recipe below!
- Add half a lime into a glass
- Add a splash of sugar syrup (check last months recipe)
- Take a load of mint, slap it and drop it in the glass
- Pour in a measure of rum
- Add some crushed ice (just put cubed ice in a tea towel and hit it with a rolling pin)
- Stir well
- Top with a bit of soda water
You can thank us later.
These recipe’s are for over 18’s only. Please drink responsibly, we refuse to hold your hair back whilst you puke in the toilet.